Only a privileged few shared the spectacular beaches that, to this day, are ranked among the best in the world; not because they were private beaches, but simply because no knew about them, except for the locals and a few, in-the-know visitors, like me. Now, more than 30 years later, Destin and Fort Walton have become major vacation and golf destinations; they have grown beyond all bounds. Today, more than 1,100 holes of golf set on some of the finest golf courses in Florida, and several dozen hotels, resorts, and time-shares offer a variety of family vacations options unique to this truly major family and Golf destination. Here, then, is my list of Top 10 Golf Courses in Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida:
- Kelly Plantation Golf Course, Destin, Florida
- Regatta Bay Golf Course, Destin, Florida
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
- Emerald Bay Golf Club,Destin, Florida
- Shalimar Pointe Golf Club, Fort Walton Beach, Florida
- Fort Walton Beach Golf Club, Emerald Coast, Florida
- Seascape Golf Resort, Destin, Florida
- Windswept Dunes Golf Club, Freeport, Florida
- Raven Golf Club, Sandestin, Florida
- Indian Bayou Golf Club, Destin, Florida
Planning a vacation in Destin or Fort Walton Beach? Here's the information you need.
Where to Stay:
How to Get There:
The closest regional airport is the Fort Walton Beach Airport. The airport is served by Delta, Continental, US Air, AirTran, American, Northwest, and several others.
Look for the best airline and car rental deals with these two aggregators, which provide travelers with an up-to-date search tool to compare prices on airfares and car rentals of all ratings: