The Legends Golf Resort is located just 8 miles from Myrtle Beach International Airport. They say that “No other resort on the Grand Strand has the amenities offered by The Legends. You can choose from six award-winning courses. Including the only five-star course in the area, the TPC of Myrtle Beach., Legends is a obvious place for a weekend golf getaway, golf vacation, or corporate meeting.
Accommodations include 218 hotel rooms, two-bedroom, two-bath Golf Condos which can sleep up 8 people and utilizes 1 Queen Bed and 2 Twin Beds or 4 Twin Beds; Three-bedroom, two-bath Golf Condos that can accommodate up to 12 people with bedding options that vary from unit to unit. Guest room amenities include in-room washer/dryer and a full kitchen.
The Legends Golf Courses:
- The TPC Myrtle Beach: Host of the Senior Tour Championship., was rated among “America’s Top New Upscale Public Courses” by Golf Digest in 1999; “Top Courses You Can Play” by Golf Magazine in 20000;”top 10 Courses in South Carolina” by GolfWeek 2002.
- The Heathland Course: Rated "Top 10 New Resort Courses in the World" by GOLF Magazine in 1990.
- The Moorland Course: one of the "Top 10 New Courses of 1990," by Golf Digest.
- The Parkland Course: Opened for play in October 1992.
- Oyster Bay Course: Voted the 1983 Golf Digest "Resort Course of the Year," and ranked by the same publication among the top 50 public courses in the country in 1990.
- The Heritage Club Course: Ranked among the "50 Best Public Courses in America" by Golf Digest
The Legends Golf Academy:
The Classic Golf Swing School at The Legends Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC., is one of those schools where they teach golf on an individual basis. The staff believes that personal attention, quality instruction, and a time-honored curriculum are the ingredients that have made The Legends Resort Golf Academy the success that it is.
The staff maintains that “We do not rebuild or tear down swings but reprogram them through proper information. We believe in evaluating every student's body type, personality, skill level, and golf goals. We use state-of-the-art technology, such as high speed video analysis, and the latest teaching aids, but we use them in relation to what has worked for hundreds of years. Our communication skills, sound proven techniques, and our knowledge of the golf swing have allowed us to lower the handicaps of weekend players, fine tune the skills of advanced players, or give a beginner the sound fundamentals necessary for a lifetime of more enjoyable golf.”
I’ve received instruction at a number of major resort golf schools – not this one – and I can tell you they all have a unique approach to teaching the game. All of the above leads me to believe that The Legends Golf Academy offers a good product.
Read my review of the Legends Golf Academy
Golf "Stay-and-Play" Specials & Hot Deals:
Packages and Package Rates
How to get There:
The closest regional airport is the Myrtle Beach Airport. The airport is served by Delta, Continental, US Air, SpiritAir, and several others.
Look for the best airline and car rental deals with these two aggregators, which provide travelers with an up-to-date search tool to compare prices on airfares and car rentals of all ratings:
Contact – Golf Academy:
Contact – Legends Golf Resort:
1500 Legends Rd.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579