The course wends its way through some Arizona's most spectacular scenery, . The beauty of South Mountain Park, a protected natural desert preserve, is dramatic; the elevation changes along the way, coupled with breathtaking mountain vistas, make for layout that's as diverse as it is challenging; and all of which can be seen from The Lobby Grill overlooking the first tee box area.
Summer: From $23 (resort rate afternoon play) to $43 (published rate for morning play). Winter fees are available by calling the resort direct at the number listed below.
Awards & Accolades:
- Four Diamond Award from AAA
- Named among the nations Top 50 "Great Service" facilities by Golf Digest *
- Awarded Four Star "Best Places to Play" from Golf Digest *
- Gold Tee Award from Meetings & Conventions
- Greens of Distinction & "Golden Links Award" from Corporate Incentive Travel Magazine * "Top 35 Courses in Arizona", "Best Golf Hole", & "Best Service in Golf" from The Arizona Republic
- Adrians Award from Hospitality Sales & Marketing Assoc. International (HSMAI)
- World Class Award from Insurance Meetings Magazine
- Planners Choice Award from Meeting News
- Excellent rating from Zagat Survey
Where to Stay:
There are any number of golf resorts to choose from in the greater Phoenix area. But if you intend to play the Grand, you should likely stay at the Grand:
- Compare Prices on nights for The Arizona Grand Resort.
- Scottsdale Resort Directory for more golf/vacation ideas
Contact:Arizona Grand Resort, 8000 S. Arizona Grand Parkway (South Phoenix), Phoenix, AZ 85044, 602 431 6421
How to get There:
The closest airport is Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. The airport is served by Delta, American Airlines, US Air, United, Northwest and several others.
Look for the best airline and car rental deals with these two aggregators, which provide travelers with an up-to-date search tool to compare prices on airfares and car rentals of all ratings:
And don’t forget: there are many other opportunities for great golf all over the world. Favorite locations include Scotland, Florida, the American Southwest, Bermuda, the Bahamas and many more. For up-to-date golf travel news and information, be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter.