- The Grande Dunes Resort Golf Course has five sets of tees and plays a whopping 7,618 yards from the tips - 5,353 yards from the forward tees - making it the longest course on the Grand Strand.
- The Man O' War Golf Course is a uniquely exciting challenge, a fair playing field where course architect, Dan Maples, delved deeply into the dark world of the imagination to create an astonishing layout of intertwining holes that call into play a diversity of skills and provide even the advanced player with a thousand opportunities to think, and then think again.
- The TPC of Myrtle Beach is not quite the toughie we've come to expect from master designer Tom Fazio, but it's well worth a visit. The 18-hole championship course plays a little shorter than most of its peers, just 6,950 yards off the championship tees with a course rating of 74 and a slope of 145. Much more than the average resort course, TPC Myrtle Beach offers an enjoyable day out and a challenging round of golf.
- The Tidewater Golf Club Course plays a little longer than 7,000 yards but, as you journey from green to tee, there's a definite feeling that you're part of the "Never Ending Story." From the first tee, Tidewater twists, turns and meanders back and forth from one implausible feature to the next. Five sets of tees offer something for just about everyone, of every level of skill, but even some of the forward tees offer vistas that intimidate and make club selection more of a lottery than a choice.
- The Wachesaw Plantation East Course, With five sets to tees and a professional practice/teaching facility, will provide you with an enjoyable experience, no matter what your level of skill might be. Golf Digest's "Places to Play" gave Wachesaw Plantation East a four-star rating.
Read my Review of the Waccamaw Golf Trail: 11 great golf courses you can play in the Myrtle Beach area.
Where to Stay:
I recommend you try the Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort. It’s located within minutes of the Golf Courses and offers a full range of amenities, including more than seven miles of pristine beach.
- Compare Prices for Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort
- If that's not quite what you're looking for, check out my Myrtle Beach Hotel Guide for more options
How to get There:
The closest regional airport is the Myrtle Beach Airport. The airport is served by Delta, Continental, US Air, SpiritAir, and several others.
Look for the best airline and car rental deals with these two aggregators, which provide travelers with an up-to-date search tool to compare prices on airfares and car rentals of all ratings:
And don’t forget: there are many other opportunities for great golf all over the world. Favorite locations include Scotland, Florida, the American Southwest, Bermuda, the Bahamas and many more. For up-to-date golf travel news and information, be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter.