The Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa is a Legendary Southern California Golf Resort and Conference Center located in the Greater San Diago area.
It’s been many a long year since I last visited this most famous of San Diego resorts. Since then it has grown, expanded, matured and won numerous awards, including 12 Gold Key Awards, 18 Executive Choice Awards, 18 Mobil Four Star Resort Award’s and 32 AAA Four Diamond Resort Awards. That’s truly amazing, but what does it mean for us golfers? Well, it means the chances of being disappointed in the Ranch Bernardo experience are few and we can book with confidence.
Set in a peaceful valley with tree-lined fairways Rancho Bernardo’s 18-hole championship Resort Course features a traditional layout originally opened in 1962 and recently renovated to ensure that it meets all the requirements and challenges today's golfer demands, it’s the only golf course in San Diego to have hosted both PGA and LPGA events. It’s an aesthetically beautiful layout making good use of natural water and hazards along with strategically-placed bunkers. At 6,631 yards – par 72 – it’s not the longest course you’ll ever play, but you will find it to be quite a challenge and ultimately rewarding. Perhaps best of all, the first Tee is just steps from the lobby – so you’re hitting the links within minutes of checking in.
As on every championship course, a lot of thought and even restraint is required to score well. For instance, number 4 is a par 3 that plays every inch of its 177 yards, over water, to a two-tiered green. Club selection is critical; better to play long than short: short is not an option. The finishing hole is a long par 5 requiring three perfect shots on a less than windy day. Enjoy the experience: the 18th is Rancho Bernardo’s signature hole.
Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa is located in beautiful San Diego, California. We enjoy nearly perfect weather each day with several hundred days of sunshine annually. Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa is just minutes from the city’s most popular attractions:
- Accommodations: The Inn’s 287 Guest Rooms and Guest Suites have been recently renovated with upgrades throughout including: 42" Flat-Screen TVs, Wireless Internet, Large Work Space, Private Patios or Balconies.
- Meetings & Groups: Rancho Bernardo’s 40,000 square-feet of flexible Meeting Space provides a selection of venues ideal for meetings ranging from the small, intimate gathering for 9 or 10 people to the Grand Event for more than 1000.
- Weddings & Social Events: Getting married? Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa is, perhaps, the ideal setting for the perfect Southern California Wedding Experience.
- The Spa: No great resort would be complete without a world-class spa, and Rancho Bernardo is no exception The newly remodeled Spa at Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa is a lush, Garden Oasis - complete with Temperature-Controlled, Outdoor-Treatment Casitas, Outdoor Fireplaces, relaxing Water Features and Sunning Lounges: the ideal end to a perfect day on the course. It’s also the ultimate treat for the non-golfing spouse to spend long, lazy hours relaxing and pampering.
- Dining: Two options: El Bizocho is one of San Diego’s Top Rated Restaurants; the Veranda is a more casual Dining Experience.
- Things to Do: Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Resort & Spa is located just minutes away from many of San Diego’s Top Attractions; Wild Animal Park, Legoland, Sea World, San Diego Zoo and Southern California Beaches.
For more and up-to-date information about what’s going on in golf in other areas of the Southwest such as Golf in Palm Springs or Golf in Palm Desert or for the latest in what's going on in Golf Travel, the latest and most attractive Golf Travel Specials and Packages, please Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter. Also, you can check for more information about Florida Golf Travel Opportunities.
And don’t forget: there are many other opportunities for great golf all over the world. Favorite locations include Scotland], Florida, the American Southwest, Bermuda, the Bahamas and many more. For up-to-date golf travel news and information, be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter.