The opportunities for golf, as a sidebar or for a vacation, are seemingly endless. There are grand resorts, and grand golf courses, spread around the great city in all directions for a 100 miles, or more, and those, I'm sure, would be of special interest to residents of Los Angeles looking for that ultimate golf getaway, for a weekend or even longer. Carlsbad would be an excellent choice, as would be Palos Verdes, Long Beach and the City of Industry. Then, of course, San Diego with all it has to offer is less that an hour and half drive away; Palm Springs and its more than 100 golf courses and resorts is less than 100 miles to the east, and an easy two-hour drive. So, as you can see, the opportunities for great golf in and around the City of Angels are virtually endless; that being so, it makes a whole of sense to review and list the best public golf courses. The following listings will help you plan your trip, vacation, or golf getaway:
Golf Courses and Resorts Within 100 Miles of Los Angeles:
- Golf Courses in San Diego
- Golf Courses in the Carlsbad Area
- "Golf Courses in Palm Springs
- Golf Courses in Southern California
Now for those golfing opportunities in the greater Los Angeles area:
Where to Stay: Los Angeles Golf Resorts:
- Terranea Resort, compare prices, Rancho Palos Verdes.
- The Pacific Palms Resort & Conference Center, compare prices, City of Industry.
- The Pelican Hill Resort compare prices, Newport Coast.
- Long Beach Marriott Resort, Compare Prices, Long Beach.
That should give you a few ideas about where to stay. Now for those golf courses. As always, the picks are mine and mine alone, although I did get a little help from my friends. Hope you agree with me:
Los Angeles Public Golf Courses:
- Angeles National Golf Club
- Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club, Mission Viejo
- Black and Gold Golf Club
- Coyote Hills Golf Club, Fullerton
- Eagle Glen Golf Club, Coronado
- Griffith Park - Two Courses, Downtown LA
- Trump National Golf Club
- Oak Quarry Golf Club
- The Resort at Pelican Hill Golf Courses (2 x Tom Fazio)
- Rancho Park Public Golf Course
- The De Bell Golf Club, Burbank
- Oak Creek Golf Club, Irvine
- Monarch Beach Golf Links, Dana Point
- Moreno Valley Ranch Golf Club, Moreno Valley
- Cross Creek Golf Club, Temecula
- Rustic Canyon Golf Club, Moorpark
- Strawberry Farms Golf Club, Irvine
- Tustin Ranch Golf Club, Tustin
- Oak Valley Golf Club, Beaumont
- Morongo Golf Club (two courses), Beaumont
- Redhawk Golf Club, Temecula
- Marshall Canyon Golf Course, La Verne
- Santa Anita Golf Course, Arcadia
- Palos Verdes Golf Club, Palos Verdes Estates
How to Get There:
Obviously, LAX is the main portal into Los Aneles. The airport is served by all major airlines, domestic and international.
Look for the best airline and car rental deals with these two aggregators, which provide travelers with an up-to-date search tool to compare prices on airfares and car rentals of all ratings:
- Airlines - Compare Prices for airfares to Los Angeles (LAX).
- Rental Cars - Compare Prices for car rentals in Los Angeles
And, of course, there are many other opportunities for great golf all over the United States, California and the world. Favorite locations include Scotland, Florida, the American Southwest, Bermuda, the Bahamas and many more. For up-to-date golf travel news and information, be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter.